6.3.11

Installing Ruby Mine & Java SDK

Categories:


I've run into some problems installing Ruby Mine. I had Netbeans installed but I uninstalled as our tutor has advised using Ruby Mine. So I fired ahead and installed Ruby Mine. I had previously installed Java SDK 6 and all seemed to be working fine.
But now when I come to run a program in Ruby Mine I receive the error message "Error Running array, no SDK specified" So I looked under project settings : Ruby Gems and SDK and tried to specify a path to Java that should be installed. No luck though as I don't really know where to look. I then tried to see if it was just a problem with the Ruby Mines installation, so I tried to run the program from the Command Prompt, but it looks like it doesn't recognise the command ruby. 


Actualy I think I've answered my own question here... I reinstalled Ruby language, and have now been able to run the file from the command prompt. 

I've fired up Ruby Mine again, and this time when I run the program I get a new error that looks like this, but for now at least I can use the command prompt until I figure out what's wrong with my Ruby Mine configuration.

One other small thing that puzzles me about Ruby Mine, is how to display the output.  In Netbeans, the screen can be divided into two so you can run the program in one half and the other half displays the output.  I can't seem to figure out where or how to implement this feature in Ruby Mine.

Spread The Love, Share Our Article

Related Posts

No Response to "Installing Ruby Mine & Java SDK"

Post a Comment